18 Feb 2021
- Degree holder in Hospitality or Business Management
- 10 years’ experience in Food and Beverage
- 5 years of management experience in the Food and Beverage
- Experience within a reputable Club or Hotel will be highly regarded
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in service operations, exceptional leadership skills along with food and beverage promotion and revenue generating abilities.
- Professional training in Service Excellence and/or Hospitality Studies
Skills & Requirements
- A positive, committed team player with good leadership and communication skills.
- International exposure is a definite asset
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to influence and lead change
- Ability to engage and motivate the team
Objectives of the role
The Director of Food & Beverage Service will report directly to the Assistant General Manager and will work closely with the entire Senior Management Team as well as the Development Committee which consists of members with specific industry expertise.
The Director of Food & Beverage Service oversees all food and beverage at the Country Club in the front and heart of the house operations, directly managing seven outlets, including one country store and the Club’s beverage manager. Great leadership skills, a passion for engaging service, outstanding relationship building skills are a must for this role. The role will also include planning and implementing budgets, recruitment of service teams, rostering, training and motivation of the team to ensure the service needs of Club members’ and guests are consistently exceeded. The role is highly visible and supportive of the team during busy periods. Due to the Club renovation project, pre-opening and operation optimization experience will be looked upon favourably.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for all food and beverage services for the Club inclusive of directly managing Outlet and Beverage Managers. The role is part of the senior management team who contributes to the overall strategy of the Club.
- Responsible for the daily operations, service delivery and management of outlets, bars, Club and private events and the Country Store retail.
- Lead and motivate the team to provide the highest standard of personalized and engaged service to members, and ensure that the Club is responding to members' requests, comments and suggestions in a timely manner. Troubleshooting and problem solving when required.
- Coordinate closely with the kitchen team on food promotions and menu planning and ensuring all information is submitted to marketing on time.
- Work closely with the team to achieve overall Club goals and ensure ample management coverage during all peak periods, Club events and key private events.
- Responsible for developing and executing plans to continually improve member and employee satisfaction and to maximize the financial performance in their departments of responsibility.
- Support the overall operation as a Senior Manager.